Monday, November 14, 2005

Biodiesel (first of many)

Here's a post on biodiesel I got from Wired. Biodiesel is one of my biggest infatuations. This particular article goes into the uses of it for home heating oil. I have natural gas heat (but wish I had oil, with water-convection baseboards) so this isn't going to help me so much. No, my primary interest in biodiesel is for a transportaton fuel. My next car is going to be a diesel, just so I can make my own feul for it in the garage. Of course, I drive a 2001 Honda Civic now. The car gets awesome mileage and since I only work 5 minutes away, I don't put many miles on it, so I may be stuck with this car for many more years to come. In which case, I'll just need to be sure that the boat or motorcycle I've always wanted to buy are diesel-powered. I specifically want this bike, in case anyone was thinking about what they could get me for Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the demo for the Neander Bike. I fucking love it, Turbo-Diesel powers my groin. My
favorite part is when they explain that the is 100% Sex and 100% Rock-and-Roll. Where did they come up with that? My next vehicle is going to be a 1984 VW Vanagon
Diesel Camper in hopes that I can go to the local Chinese joint and run it off of their grease. Thats
the shit.