Thursday, May 17, 2007

Don't Be a Turkey

Or else I might kill you and eat you.



As you may have guessed, I went turkey hunting over the past three days. It shouldn't have been as difficult as it was to talk myself into paying for a guide, because I know for a fact I would have never been able to nab a turkey on my own for a variety of reasons (primary among which was that I have never been turkey hunting). In any case, I am so glad I did finally talk myself into it. So let me recommend the fine outfitting services of Joe Austin of Delmarva Outdoor Adventure.

It was the best "class" I ever took and I can't wait to give this a shot on my own sometime. The season ends May 23rd so I expect I won't get the opportunity to try until next season (or perhaps during the short fall season). For now though, I'll just keep thinking about how this was easily the most fun thing I've ever done which required me to wake up before 4:30 AM.

1 comment:

Justin Codd said...

pretty cool, prof. wildman. gobble gobble.