Saturday, January 13, 2007

Thesis update

So fucking close. My thesis has been done and ready for submission since January 1, but I haven't submitted it yet for a variety of trivial reasons. First, one of my examiners seems to have lost some paperwork, which had to be re-filed and only just got re-filed yesterday. I was on the verge of shipping my thesis off but I smartly called the graduate school just to double-check that I had all the materials I needed. It turns out I can't pay the filing fee by credit card, only cash or check, and if by check, then it has to be from an institution that can issue payment in British pounds. So I figured out a way to get that done, but I won't have that check in my hand until Tuesday. So on Tuesday, barring any other barriers, I will ship off my thesis, schedule a date for my viva voce (latin term for a thesis defense), fly to England on that date (before March 31), and then if I successfully defend my thesis, I will file some more papers, and get a PhD diploma shortly thereafter.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Justin Codd said...

hard-fucking-core dude, I hope you kick ass and take names (where names = PhD. diploma).

May the Force Be With You.