Saturday, April 08, 2006

I have a secret

I'm almost ashamed to admit it. It started a few years ago and I haven't been able to stop since. Usually I do it on weekends, but sometimes you'll see me at it after work, or sometimes before, hell I've even skipped work on occasion to do it.

I love lawncare.

Really. I get worked up about spreading grass-seed and fertilizer, raking leaves and checking the soil pH. I fucking love it, but I'm afriad to talk about it, with anyone. Everytime I try, I notice that people get that, "this guy is a nutjob" look on thier face. Well I'm tired of hiding it, dammit! I just wish it was something I could actually talk about in casual conversation, instead of hiding it. I'm seriously considering buying a pick-up or an SUV so I can take my lawncare to the next level. That translates to cutting down trees and renting industrial landscaping gear.

I love my lawn and I want the world to know!

3 comments:

Tom said...

I've heard about people like you. BTW what's a "lawn"?

Casey said...

Its essentially a plot of land populated with a confluence of grass, usually one or more species of the genus Festuca.

Anonymous said...

Two words:

Turf Whore