Friday, January 06, 2006

Sydney: Techno-Parrot

So we seem to be getting the anti-biting thing pretty good now. If Sydney bites me enough to hurt while he's perched on my finger, I wobble it around just enough so he becomes unbalanced and raises his head to concentrate on steadying himself. This maneuver seemed intuitive to me, but all the same, I was pleased to later find it described in some parrot books as "the little earthquake."

Sydney and I are warming up to each other well enough, and he seems to like techno, which is a very good development indeed. He seems particularly fond of Garrett James' "Melodies and Memories" mix, which is beginning to grow on me as well (I used to be indifferent towards it). In fact, as I write this, I am listening to Garrett's mix and Sydney is perched contentedly on my shoulder. A moment ago, when I did not have Garrett's mix playing, Sydney was desperately roaming around my body, loooking for some entertainment; burrowing into my collar, nibbling my ears, lips and nose, squawking, etc. I think I prefer birds sedated with minimal techno.

How cool would it be if I could get this parrot to sing techno?

No comments: