Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Flu

I rose from sleep early this morning to the dulcet tones of my wife vomiting angry gobs of dinner into the toilet. Ah yes, flu season is upon us. I asked her if she was going to be OK and received a soft and pathetic response, "uuuh-hunh."

Satisfied that I had done my husbandly duty, I made a move back to bed. That was when I first noticed the funny feeling in my guts.

So from about 2 AM onward to sunrise, I took to the other bathroom (thank fortune for having two bathrooms) and began to imitate the sounds of my wife, chord for butyric-acid-smelling chord.

I just now have finished sipping about two teaspoons of ginger ale, marking the first moment in this eventful night when liquid has actually gone into one of my body holes.

I think we are going to live.

No comments: