Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Easy Rider

Sorry for the long gap in posting, I've been busy. Last weekend Chris and I took a motorcycle safety certification course. We both passed and now I have an official "class M" license to drive motorcycles. Unfortunately, the weather over the weekend was really shitty in Columbia, causing delays in the training exercises we had to do on both days (because frankly, riding in the rain on freshly surfaced asphalt is really slippery). I actually almost bought it on on turn I made a little too quickly. My rear tire slid out from under the bike but I managed to get back in control in an instant. Even still, it was quite a thrill. I had promised a friend I'd help him move a couch after class on Saturday, and another friend that I'd attend his house party in the evening. After the rain delays in class, I was late for helping the couch moving, which itself also took longer than I expected, leaving me little choice but to bail on the house party (since I still had another day of class on Sunday which required attendance at 7:30 Am sharp). Sorry Spike!

Anyway, the Monday before this passed weekend was spent in San Fransisco on business, so for any of my friends out there who might be reading, apologies for not getting in touch. I only arrived in town late Sunday and flew back home Monday afternoon. I will say that if you are in the mood for seafood in the bay area, go to Kincaid's in Burlingame. The snapper stuffed with King crab was awesome, as was the sushi sampler.

No comments: