Saturday, July 14, 2007

caturday lolcat!



Some explanation may be required if you aren't quite the internet junkie that I am. In the beginning, there was FARK which hosts many "photoshop contests" from which many of the most famous internet memes have been spawned. Then there was the "lolcats" website which began to archive most of the lolcats photoshop contest pics from FARK, a signal that meme had matured. All this now leads us to today, which has seen not just one but two "caturday" threads on FARK. So I finally decided to break down and make my own contribution (above, and submitted to the second thread, along with another). It seems that lolcats is about to go mainstream (if it hasn't already). I don't even like cats generally.

Now if you are like me and can't get enough of this shit, then you should also check out a recent derivative thread called "lolpresidents" which has also taken on a life of its own and had me laughing off my stool for hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DO
NOT
WANT!!11!1