Sunday, October 28, 2007

WoW

I felt the need to come in here and dust off this blog (now if I could just work up the motivation to re-paint the guest room). Apologies for not posting for so long (almost 8 weeks!). So, let's see, what have I been up to lately? Well for one, I've picked up my wife's addiction to World of Warcraft, and with it has come an indoctrination into the whole "WoW" subculture, which perhaps surprisingly, is populated primarily by 30-somethings. And by "subculture" all I really mean is short web videos that may be funny on their own, but are funniest when you are familiar with the WoW universe. Like this:

First I should probably throw up the one everyone sees on Sundays during football games, the new Toyota Tacoma ad.

Next there's the famous Onyxia Wipe. This raid leader just loses his mind.

Now we have Teremus the Devourer, who is led to Ironforge by an Elven Druid named Punchcat - solo. The video is 11 minutes long and only really funny to WoWers, so if that isn't you, just skip to the next video. Wiki here.

And lastly, my all time favorite - Leeroy Jenkins!
Wiki here.

Remember folks, don't be a Leeroy.

Anyway, if any of you readers have the inclination to try playing WoW, get in touch. My wife and I play on the Shandris realm and love playing with good groups.

5 comments:

Tom said...

WoW you guys are nerds!

Casey said...

Look who's talking there...

Casey said...

I just realized I omitted the greatest WoW video of all time; the Emmy winning South Park episode, "Make Love not Warcraft"

(marginally NSFW ads on this page for some reason)

Justin Codd said...

Leeroy Jenkins has been amusing me since you posted this. Thumbs up; let's do this!

Casey said...

Ya, "Leeroy" is my new term for people who don't read the fucking manual etc.