Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Apologies

I usually use mornings to write blog posts, but lately my routine has changed a little. You see, I've been busily writing my thesis lately, trying to get it finished, and I've noticed that the process is changing my brain and my personality a little bit. Its handicapping my sense of humor and my desire to socialize, which then leads to subtle insecurities. Fortunately my wife keeps thinking of ways to get me out of the house on weekends so that helps keep me from being a total recluse. Anyway, I've retreated to playing video games to help clear my mind on evenings and weekends. I've noticed that it helps keep my mind flexible, which I really need for all this technical writing, as long as I don't get too addictive about it like I used to. Anyway, the video games have led to me staying up later at night and sleeping in later in the morning, and all that cuts into my blog-writing time. That, coupled with the fact that my mind just isn't trained on thinking, "hey this would make a neat blog post" when the daily random vapid things (DRVT) happen, has resulted in fewer blog posts over the past few weeks. So apologies loyal readers (reader? Joe?).

Oh, and my company has asked everyone in my department to move to our facility in Boulder, CO by November 2007. I'm not sure if it will actually happen or not, but it has certainly added to the general feelings of insecurity I've got rocking lately.

I like skiing but I'd miss trees and ocean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking for your loyal readers, we are sensitive to your needs and understand completely.

This moving to CO thing is another story. Your request has been noted and has been passed on for review.

On the up side though: Ilya.

jackie said...

Boulder? Wow, that's a big move. Good luck with all of that, and on finishing your thesis.

Anonymous said...

not to subvert the balance in your relationship, but I agree with Chris on one point: that video games are getting in the way of your success. And, as an upstanding citizen and supporter of success, I will be glad to hold on to your PS2/XBOX/whatever until you are really finished your thesis.

Casey said...

Actually, at the moment, it's not the video games getting in the way so much as my job. If I just didn't have to spend 9 hours a day at this place, I'd be done by now.

Seriously though, everything is still on track just fine. When writing a 250+ page document, there are several stages of "doneness".